Pages

Search Blog and Web

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Today: Wednesday

I have been having an impossible time getting everything done in a day.  That is, I go to bed later than I want to and the chores are not completed.  Sometimes the dishes are done, sometimes the laundry's folded/put away, etc... So I decided to go against the logical mindset and take a day off, during the week.  I will still spend time with the Lord in His Word, still eat, still cook, still get ready for the day (maybe), still work out, take a walk, but I will not do any housework that I don't want to.  And I won't do any business.  If I take Pax out, it will be for something relaxing instead of stressful.  So until I get some comfortable friends, I won't be socializing.  Right now, my social life is still work.  Hopefully down the road, it will be easy.
Anyway, today I am going to go shopping and get Pax some things he needs and myself as well.  Jonathan got a coupon when he bought his school clothes, so it's looking like Old Navy.  Usually it would be thrift stores, but I'll see if I can't get better bargains (better bargains at Old Navy?).  We'll see.
So I recently made the perfect cup of coffee!
Coarsely ground beans
measured beans with coffee grinder lid
4 oz/ heaping T of ground beans
4 minutes
But then I made it for Jonathan today and multiplied everything and it wasn't quite as good.  So I think the grinder does best with a tiny batch.  It tasted wonderful (I measure the taste of my coffee (and wine) with color: brown's the best, black is...not as bold?, and gray is just kinda nasty....I don't really know how else to explain that, but it just clicks in my mind. so this had dark brown flavor. mmm) It was STRONG and kicked me in the butt.  That's the kind of coffee you can add creamer to and it still kicks you in the butt.  It's the kind of coffee that non-coffee lovers don't even want cream with.  It's not sludgy like office coffee though.

I'm wearing make-up today.  I had a conversation yesterday with my sister about never wearing make-up anymore.  I don't think Jonathan even likes it (so it takes the excitement away).  But Pax and I are going to visit him for the first time at his school and they're all professional there.  Jonathan said, nothing tattered or dirty and my pants have automatic holes in them (the kind of holes they have when you buy them).  So I shaved my legs (kind of), put on a skirt, and went for the painted face!  I love it.  I think I'm going to go on a make-up everyday pattern, until I learn to get myself ready everyday and looking good.  I have fallen into a pattern of not wanting to get ready at all anyday.  I maybe brush my teeth and put my contacts in.

Jonathan and I decided that if we are going to do points for healthy living (like weight watchers), we would get points for exercising and that would regulate when and how much we ate unhealthy treats.  So I get a point for doing my home workout routine and one point for walking for an hour.  I started on the 10th with points and have 10 points.

So this is the social life I have found so far (by God's grace I will also find fellowship).  I met with a gal from La Leche League (LLL) at her house last week. She's the one who inspired the perfect coffee pursuit.  I went to LLL last month and am going again tomorrow. We have friends from our new church that had us out last weekend at their house.  They even cooked vegan for us.  (wow).  I am going to MOPS every other week (went once).  And I have a Bible study every other week, which I guess probably won't be as social, but spiritual growth (yeah).

Pax woke up.  Gotta go!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe that I just saqw this. I remember talking to you about these things, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up getting $25 worth of clearance items for $15, so I was excited. I haven't been wearing make up at all, but I have been getting ready!

    ReplyDelete