Pages

Search Blog and Web

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Not everyday....

Not everyday do I get a revelation about my question concerning life Abundantly.  I am not living an Abundant life.  I don't wonder about this, I know this.  So I have been reading about Paul's thing in Romans 4-8.  He seems to be addressing the same issue.  And here's what has encouraged me so far:

  • If we sin, God's grace abounds all the more (you guessed it, but not that we should sin so grace may increase--never!)
  • we present our members as slaves to righteousness and it results in sanctification
  • it's first a mind thing: to set our minds on the Spirit (life and peace)
  • the Spirit gives life to our mortal bodies and
  • the Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God
  • we are hoping for something unseen
But what happens is that I realize new things and then I keep on living at war with myself (striving with my flesh).  Then Jonathan gave me this booklet to save on my computer called Romans by William R. Newell. He is one of those people like Miles J. Stanford and Robert K. Wetmore who I perceive theologically as just "getting it."  When I listen to them (or read them), the biblical Christian life just gets clearer.
Anyway, he was spelling it all out like when God looks upon the Work done at the Cross, He is COMPLETELY SATISFIED and will never become otherwise.  That was amazing for me to think about.  
Then today after the sermon, our church all sang the Revelation Song.  And there I was singing,

"You are my everything and I adore You"

That is it.  I do not have the integrity to love the Lord at home the way I love Him standing up with the congregation at church.  Is He my everything?  Or is a routine house my everything?  Do I adore the Lord Jesus Christ?  Or do I adore a clean house and a ready meal?  When you look at my members, the answer is obvious, I am humbled to say. It is much harder, but I want to love the Lord with one heart and one mind and one body.  So first, I will set my mind on Him at home, cooking, cleaning, putting Pax to bed, feeding, welcoming Jonathan home; then the Spirit will testify in my heart and I will use the members of my body to point to Christ.  This is my will.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment