Pages

Search Blog and Web

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Month 2 -Nursing School

So I decided that blogging monthly is a much more realistic expectation. I have found in the past few weeks that my overarching feeling toward nursing school is apprehension: fear that I am going to be a normal nursing student--too busy for a meaningful life and consumed with tasks I can't perceive the meaning of.
Today, Jonathan reminded me that studying 3 1/2 hours to prepare for videoing a skill for next week when I have an exam tomorrow is important so that I can be a skilled RN. I'm not just trying to get good grades (but I am); I want to really know my skills!
We have had 4 skills to video the last 4 weeks and I have worked every weekend, so I have learned to schedule in a little bit more "life days" so I can keep a good perspective.
Last weekend, my in-laws were in town! We went to Sun Valley to the annual sheep festival. Wow-it's so beautiful. I love Idaho. (see new October picture on blog)
Also, I really want a puppy. If we only had a fenced yard, I think this would be feasible, but I cannot justify leaving a dog in the house for hours while I'm out and about.

So short-term goals: get October done and over with, work fewer weekend days (but keep similar hours). Remember my passion for midwifery. Make the most of long hours studying. Get an A on my exam tomorrow. Live meaningfully.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great Telcia! That picture is BEAUTIFUL! I love Idaho too! I'm proud of you for working so hard and for wanting to be a good nurse and not just get good grades. We continue to pray for you and your time and all that jazz! Keep it up sister :)

    ReplyDelete