Pages

Search Blog and Web

Sunday, December 11, 2011

this isn't Fair.

We had a skills fair for nursing this week.  Sounds fun, huh?  Because they call it a fair?  I wasn't sure what to expect and let me tell you, I expected NOTHING CLOSE to the real thing.
Me and my nursing friend (yes, a friend!) practiced hard for weeks.  The skills fair was a 5-hour day where we go from station to station and perform each skill from the past semester in T-10 minutes (20 minutes, instead of 30 like we are used to).  If we are not up to par, we are scheduled to start next semester with remediation.
Well, the night before I was up all night with diarrhea every 10 minutes and puking on the hour (I have a very punctual body).  It was AWFUL!  I called my instructor and let her know I wouldn't be making it and would do anything to make it up-however she chose.
She's awesome!  She just told me I can come in next week and practice my skills in the practice lab.  That pretty much sums up my nursing semester.  Sickening, punctuality, a great (said) instructor, a friend to practice with (I prayed for this)....
Anyway, really what isn't fair is that I have a blog or two waiting to be posted, but they haven't been because they are long and they are in that pdf format thing I do where you click here and such. 
So just know that I am not too busy to blog.  And I will do more of that later.

Be merry about mass thanks and although you're not always happy, be giving Christ.

3 comments:

  1. As for me, I will be happy whenever I get to read your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your instructor was so understanding. Glad to read a blog whenever it gets here and glad God answers your prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete