Pages

Search Blog and Web

Friday, August 08, 2014

Facebook Status and Other

I've dumped all my friends on facebook and am just using it for a larger networking tool.  It's great for pictures and finding people or feeling in touch with people who I haven't seen in a long time.  But it's better for getting all dramatic, for arguing, and for wasting time.  So I'm choosing to spend my time on a blog.  I mostly just want a place to go and say things.  I actually do better if I don't think anyone's going to read them like with a blog. The point of that is saying that I'll probably be doing a lot more posting on here again.
Anyway, our boy is 16 months now.  I cannot believe it.  He communicates really well and uses lots of words and signs to do so.  I'm actually impressed with how many words he knows and am sure that social interaction is his strongest skill.  He recognizes letters and numbers, saying "oo, ah, ee, ii" when he sees them.  He also does somersaults.  And he's potty trained!  That was awesome.  It's amazing to hardly wash any diapers anymore.  For a day or so I was wiping a lot off the floor, but was sooo surprised when that ended so soon.  I am thankful for my supporting family who all hold to the more old-fashioned way of diapering and potty training.  I'm also very happy that he is still nursing.  He is sick the past few days and doesn't want to do anything but nurse.  It is a praise worthy thing that God gave me something that is still so perfect for his nutrition, hydration, and comfort.  For that support, I thank the La Leche League and my friends here in Erie.  Before coming here, I was shy about breastfeeding but now I realize its vitality. 
I'm leading a table for MOPS this school year.  That's really brave of me because it takes a lot of scheduling and therefore organization.  It's weird because I crave organization but I think I typically just put it off and barely keep my nose out of the water.  I have 7 people at my table.  1/2 of us are steerers which means that we are part of the MOPS leadership and then the other 1/2 are regular moms coming for support.  The theme this year is 'Be You, Bravely.' 
I don't know what Bible study I will choose to be a part of this year.
Erie is great.  I liked it a lot more when I was more social and getting friends and going places.  Since about last fall, I just was so busy outside the home and felt like I needed to do more inside and be more routine with parenting.  I got to that point and then this summer hit.  It was a hard summer for whatever reason.  Now Jonathan is back in school and I think we'll fit right back in the saddle again. 
I'm pretty sure we are going to be on the faster track through medical school, which means 2 years of classes, only 1 year of clinical, and then residency.
E-mail me at auntelcia@gmail.com to let me know how you are doing!  I would love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment