Pages

Search Blog and Web

Saturday, May 05, 2012

My Life Now

I'm at the library while my husband studies for finals.  I would be studying for doula/childbirth educator, but it seems I never get to spend a lot of time on the internet anymore.  So here's a little post about my life recently.
We have a house.  We closed Friday, April 27. So far we have piled up a bunch of cleaning chemicals in the living room, including a gallon of Pine Sol. We have bug bombed once. We had an over-nighter on our second floor and watched a movie last Saturday.  We have mowed the lawn twice, bought a sprinkler and watered.  We cleaned out the 2-car garage so my dad could move in.  He's going to use that for his shop.  Yesterday, I wore my abs out raking rotten apples and leaves.  Our new property has been a joy!

Mornings, I have been too tired.  I've been trying to stay awake by anticipation of the true Dawn, and not by artificial means (like the quote on my blog).  I eat breakfast, spend time with the Lord, and am usually too tired and cold to exercise. I usually will walk for an hour sometime in the afternoon or evening, ride my bike, or whatever.  I'm still hoping to get a pass to the Y, so I can start swimming frequently.
I've been working on getting dinner ready for the evening, but lately, Jonathan is so busy studying that often we don't eat dinner together.  So then it's like, "what's the point?"
Every other Wednesday, I have a house I clean for an extra job.  From time to time, I piddle around the motel, doing this or that, spraying weeds, tending to plants, or doing laundry. We are all full, thankfully, so I haven't flipped a room in awhile. 
The hospital has been utilizing me more recently and I have been getting very decent hours and I love the paychecks.  Weekly I volunteer at the Pregnancy Crisis Center, but have been considering cutting back there.  I'm loving it though.  I even have some new friends!
Here's the thing, I don't know how I did anything else when I was in nursing school, because I'm busy all the time now!  My largest goal has been to really make headway in my doula/CBE certification and I have gotten somewhere with that, but not far enough, fast enough.  I will need to set aside just a couple of large sections, so I can have time to work on that. 
My favorite thing recently has been attending the birth of my newest niece.  What an awesome experience to serve them in their childbirth.  It really affirms my goal as a doula.
Frustration is a frequent visitor in my life because I really do want to have more free time to study, but I would say that Peace is really the live-in.  I am much more comfortable trying to figure out a simple life and live it for Jesus, than to slave after all these different things and then try to offer it up at the end of the day.

On top of all this, I recently completed a job application to be a substitute teacher for the local school district.  And I'm lined up to be a part-time nanny, starting in about August.  We'll have to see how I can iron out all these things to be as efficient as possible.
It's a very good learning process.

So, my goal: Take advantage of the rest of this weekend to study with my husband.  Get through the current book I'm reading (I just started).  Make a different schedule for studying, since the last one is not working. Get going.

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds exciting. Congratulations on your new house, and all the best to you on your various goals!

    ReplyDelete